A quote from an attendee: “It is not often I'm glad to be a Camden resident, but this sort of workshop really makes it worth it- it has been really useful”
In response to feedback from patients and the public the CCG has developed a self-care booklet and a local GP and pharmacist have delivered a number of workshops since April 2018 informing the public about:
- What is self-care?
- How to manage your aliments at home.
- How to stay healthy.
- Contact details for local health and social care organisations.
- The relationship between a patient who self-cares, the pharmacist and GP.
- When patients should attend A&E.
- The services that are available from a pharmacy.
By the end of workshops patients and their families and carers:
- Know what is the most appropriate service for their symptoms.
- When you can manage your symptoms at home.
- When you should see your pharmacist.
- When you should see your GP.
- When do you need to go to A&E.
Over 150 patients with long term conditions have attended the workshops since 2018. All of the feedback has been positive.