Equality and diversity
Our vision for equality and diversity
Equality and diversity is really important to us. We ensure that our community, employees, members, partners and providers, are treated equally. In doing this we:
- encourage diversity and eliminate unfair treatment and discrimination through a full range of policies and procedures
- recognise that employees have rights to work in a supportive, safe and harassment-free environment and have individual and collective responsibility to value and respect each other’s contributions
- proactively encourage engagement in our decision making.
We do our very best to make all of our facilities and environment in which people have equal, dignified and ease of access.
Commissioning and contracting
In respect of our ‘buying’ activities:
- We ensure that the purchase of goods, services and facilities is undertaken in line with our equality and diversity commitments.
- We use providers and suppliers who share our values on equality of opportunity and diversity.
- We establish procedures to ensure that businesses from diverse communities have an equal opportunity of competing for collaborative procurement contracts to supply goods and services to the CCG.
- We will not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation in the allocation of employees employed in any post.
- All employees will be considered solely on their merits for career development and promotion with equal opportunities for all.
- We will develop employees in order that they understand the context of and the specific issues influencing equality and diversity.
- All employees of CCG are required to treat patients, carers and colleagues with dignity and respect.
- We support and adhere to family-friendly and flexible working policies.
For more information, please read our Diversity and Inclusion Plan.